CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

it's cold! and it's finals week!

So I am actually really enjoying the cold weather.EXCEPT when I get up with the morning. Because our house is on pier and beam foundation (blocks), that cold air likes to come right up through the floor. We only have a heater in our bedroom and living room, and we keep the one in the living room off at night. In the mornings, it has been so cold in the rest of the house that it literally hurts to walk on the floor barefoot. Good thing I have some old lady house slippers! Our bathroom gets especially cold also. Can you imagine getting out of the shower, and stepping into a freezing room? So what did I do? I bought a space heater. I love my space heater. Not only because of the warmth it gives me, but because of the memories it brings also....

When I was little my Mimi lived in the same kind of house we did, except for hers was about 4 times bigger. I used to love to stay with her when it was cold because it meant that we got to use the space heater when we took a bath. She would go upstairs and turn it on a few minutes before I got in there, and by the time it was time for me to take a bath, the bathroom was nice and toasty. I LOVED IT. The best part was, when I got out of the tub, I did not even have to think about being cold. I would just stand there in front of that heater and let it dry me off. And then I would sit in that bathroom and be warm until she forced me out! I loved the way standing in front of that heater felt...
I kind of do the same thing now. When I get out of the shower, I love to stand in front of my space heater and just be warm. Oh the little things in life that bring me pleasure. Thank you Lord that I have a way to get warm when it is cold.

Finals are this week.......2 tomorrow, 2 Thursday, and 1 Friday....I can make it....then what?!
Dinner and drinks at Saltgrass!

0 comments: